RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Yak?
Thread: Seagull Yak?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Yak?

Yak saga cont'd ....

The carb adapter arrived today as advertised and Iinstalled it this evening. Everything fits nice and tight now but, it didn't make it run any better. In fact, it wouldn't even start. Inoticed that gas was dripping from somewhere under and in the middle of the carb body. I never did find the exact location of the leak, let alone the cause. Ipulled it off the engine and replaced it with one I had on-hand.

I installed the carb that came off my Spacewalker 26cc engine. The one I thougt was defective. It was a tight fit (due to small design differences), but, it's on there and the engine is starting by hand and running steadily. This is the carb I thought was junk because it would take forever to drop down to idle speed.
As it turns out, that "defective" carb is the same bolt pattern as the carb adapter on the 20cc Yak engine. So far, it's doing a nice job on the 20cc engine but, I have a bit of adjusting and clean-up to do on the installation. The throttle linkage is binding a bit and Ineed to rig the choke.

Even though the carbs appear to be very similar there are variations that make a difference on installation. They look to be the same physical size but, since the replacement carb came off a 26cc engine I expected it to be a bit larger. It doesn't appear to be larger unless the difference is internal (slightly larger venturi?). One external difference is the direction the gas inlet tube points. It points at the engine making it difficult to route and attach the fuel line.

WX forecast says chilly with rain for the next couple days so, I'll have time to tweak and fiddle with my birds to get them all airworthy.

RJ