RCU Forums - View Single Post - BIG LAMA
Thread: BIG LAMA
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Edmund2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

ORIGINAL: Geemeenuu

Thanks, I will keep that in mind when im flying/crashing (flashing? ). To best of my recollection, i think i usually wait until the crash is inevitable before dropping the throttle... i dont like to give up, lol. If im about to run into something i will try to bring the nose round in safe direction, pitch down and throttle up a bit. It even works sometimes

Since we're on the subject of next steps, is it advantageous to fly a fixed pitch before going to a cp? Not that i'll be doing either anytime soon, just wondering.

Scott

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

A bit of advice for your progress in the heli world. Do not teach yourself the bad habit of killing the throttle to avoid a crash. It takes many hours and crashes to correct this bad habit when youupgrade to non coaxial helis.

Edmund
In another forum there are a difference of opinion on FP vs CP. With the majority indicating that FP was a waste in thier progression. I bought CP's and even a TREX 550 and just did not have the guts to fly it as I cut throttle on my first CP flight and flew it into the gound.A few times therafter as well. Bought a Blade mCPX a few months ago andit taught me the things I need to know about CP at no extra cost as it just does not break if you fly over grass and though still learning I had the conficende to fly my 550 last weekend.

Edmund