RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Yak?
Thread: Seagull Yak?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 10:31 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Yak?

cont'd ....

As it turns out, the "defective" carb is. So, Ipulled it off and installed the original one and messed around with the dang thing for a couple of hours before Icould get it to run right. Isuspect it needs a rebuild as the diaphram doesn't seem to draw fuel as it should. I think this engine sat on a shelf for quite a while and the diaprhram and valves dried out and got stiff. It's a V1 and it was new in-the-box when Igot it but, the latest version is V3. So, this carb was obviously NOS.

The original carb is a Walbro but, I'm having difficulty identifying the correct model no. It has 2 sets of no.s on it ... WT 942 and below that is the number 743A. I've been searching the web for about 2 hours now and can't find any reference to a WT 942 but, did find a 743-1. I'm confused and a little frustrated right now but, I've sent a question to one of the sellers who carries the rebuild kits to ask which one Ineed. Ihope to hear from them tomorrow and have a kit on the way soon.

I finally got the engine to start and run but, it's tough to start when it's cold. Warm starts are one or two flips. Cold starts will wear your arm out.

Forgot to mention; the new adapter block didn't seem to make much difference but, that eliminates on possible problem. I'm focused on a rebuild kit for the carb now.

RJ