Old 01-27-2012, 11:31 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: Servos for Funtana 90/DLE 20 Combo

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

Mainly 3D.

1 2300Mah battery from WrongWayRC on my 50cc stuff, I order the battery with two JR leads (and a balance tap).
One goes to a HD switch then to the reciever.
One lead goes to a HD switch, an 42% scale optical kill, to a wrongway ignition voltage reducer (inline diode) to the DLE ignitions.

I charge afer 4 flights with a Cellpro 4S, takes about 10 minutes and puts back 50 to 55 percent of the capacity.

Both are 7955s all around with DLE 55's.
what charge rate do you you use at the field? and more less how many milliamps do you pump in the battery in the 10 mins it takes to charge? sorry for all the questions, im getting into the a123 and LiFe batteries...
Ask away.

I can give you specific answers for my planes but the way to deal with LiFe/A123 batteries is to fly a couple of flights, and charge and see how much you put back in using a good charger. You can then get an average consumption per flight. I strive not to fall below 60 percent usage (40% remaining), 4 flights on my 50cc planes gives me 50 to 55 percent capacity used. Since charging is so quick (I charge at 4A) I just see no reason to carry bigger batteries around.

As a side note, I just finished a review of the Hangar 9 33% Pawnee. The plane uses a 12110 12 channel power safe reciever. I'm running 2 2300 A123 packs in that plane.

Battery A goes into the A side of the power safe.
Battery B goes into the B side of the power safe, with a second battery lead powering the RCXcel Ignition.

I really wanted to up the capacity so I didn't have to charge while we were glider towing but the redunancy is a nice warm fuzzy.

After 4 flights the A battery is around 75 remaining and the B (split) battery is around 68% left. Thats 4 14 minute or so flights, but even with 10 channels in use, the A6020's arent putting a tremendous draw on the system flying the Pawnee