RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...
Old 01-27-2012, 08:20 PM
FNG RIDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

Hi all!
I picked up a Slash 4x4 when they first released it. and raced it immediately. I broke the front arm and blew out the shock. replaced with upgraded arms, and proline shocks. had traction roll issues so I installed sway bars, center diff and proline tires. Last race I placed 4th overall, but didn't like the supercross triple jumps. I couldn't make the jumps and cased it many times. I cut out the front window and rear window to allow air to escape. but too many trucks, counted 50 during practice. So it became a shelf queen until recently. I was a little underpowerded with the stock Traxxas brushless motor. I had to gear it down to prevent thermalling.

I am getting interested in racing again. I hope to upgrade motor to a tekin pro4 46000 with EX8 speedo. that should help me clear the triples. I will race outdoors this time. Most of the seriouse guys have gone to the 6 lbs 1/10 4x4 trucks like the Losi, that may be my next option but for now I will try to spank them with my plastic fantastic Slash 4x4!
I may go to 50 wt or more on the front to stop the traction roll. I wll be ordering the motor next month so I have time to go over the ruck race prep and rebulld the shocks.instll upgraded a arms again. Ive been thinking about going to traxxas bike bore shocks. my prolines keep leaking oil. Have to top out between rounds has become annoying. I will keep you posted on my progress.