RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Turnale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

That is about the state of my build when I paused 2 years ago... the only difference here is that I have no good reason to have stopped for that long. Side tracked by two many projects maybe?
The wing is sheeted only on one side, and was left for year glued on the table to avoid all wrapage. But, then it got unglued, put on the side for sometimes, and when I moved oversees, it spends over a month in a container. Well, today, the wing is severly wrap, the fuselage is half-built and not better. I did some poor design decision as well, i have to admit. The way I control the rectractable tail wing is nothing to be proud of...

I am seriously considering starting from scratch again. Well, I mean buying a new kit, and build it properly.

You are experienced builder, and you know the kit well - Is it worth trying to fix it? I am not to concern about the money lost here (if you think about it, the kit is not the expensive part, the motor, retracts, etc..., are!), but more by loosing the time invested in the build. Now, if it is to spend more time on this plane, fixing it all, and finishing it, just to end up with a poorly flying thing, that is not worth it either...

What would be your recommendation/action? I guess it is difficult to judge without actually seeing the wing...