RCU Forums - View Single Post - BIG LAMA
Thread: BIG LAMA
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Buz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

Hey, guys!

Wow, it's been a while since I've touched base with my friends here. I hope you are all doing well.

Since I've moved up to flying quads and larger helicopters... I wanted a heli that was predictably easy to fly around on my land. The Big Lama was perfect for that.. but had some strange urge to stick with a single blade helicopter.
I found one on ebay ... not too expensive, but it's made by Art Tech and I've had bad experiences with them before. But, for some reason I pulled the trigger on it and it's a pretty cool little helicopter. I've had others like this, but they were very unstable. I noticed that this one, like the little CB-100 I have, has the flybar under the rotors, and mounted at a 45 degree angle to the blades. That's what makes the CB-100 so stable as a single blade heli.
It flies on 2s... so I took it out and ran it up. Before I knew what happened I was 2ft off the ground in a solid hover. So, I moved it around some.... then took off and started flying it like my Big Lama. This Art Tech heli is just a bit bigger than the Big Lama... but I swear to you, if you can fly the Big Lama... you can easily fly this single blade heli. IMHO, they fly exactly like the Big Lama. But, one motor, one drive gear, an active tail rotor driven by tourque tube... and you're flying exactly as well as you were on your BOL. I urge you guys to find one and try it. Think about it.... Half the blades to break!

Buzz