RCU Forums - View Single Post - Advice on 1st 1/5 scale
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 06:06 AM
tjm5837

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Advice on 1st 1/5 scale

ORIGINAL: Automan

They should have put a littlebit bigger engine in the Losi, but the stock 26cc with a nice tunepipe really wakes up that engine and the truck. You just cant have it all right out of the box, and all owners of the losi will say that you get allot for the money with that truck.

And dont hold your breath waiting for a newer version of the Losi, there is nothing wrong with that truck and it's pretty much like a tank so a new version will not happen for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time.

I think the op on second thought should choose the redcat that will be the cheapest route when buying the truck.. but it will break allot more then a baja or losi, but it is cheaper to get you started and probably cheaper parts i guess.
I think you guys misunderstand me. Im not looking for the cheapest way out. As with all my R/c, helis airplanes and cars I've researched to get the best representative of each in its class at the best price point. And so far there is nothing I have I don't absolutely love and use all the time. I have all the best performers at the best parts availability and have kept costs down. It's kind of a game with me.
You guys have helped a lot!
I realize now that I wanted my next truck to have 4wd, no matter what scale. I want 1/5 scale. I want parts availability and power. This leaves 2 choices Redcat and Lozi. I would like to build but just don't have that much time anymore. I don't really get excited by the redcats. One choice remains, that I don't think I can go wrong with. The Losi 5ive with upgraded 30.5cc motor. Now I just have to come to terms with the price (and convince my wife it's as practical a choice as I know it is). I think this platform has what I need to keep me happy for years to come. I think it's what the slash was to 1/10 scale. Just a bulletproof platform. It all seems so clear now. And believe it or not you guys helped make it crystal clear in my mind, and I thank you.