RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Spacewalker II 120 Arf
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 10:16 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Spacewalker II 120 Arf

The engine start issue has suffered a set-back. I discovered that my CDIis faulty and have ordered another one. It was shorting between the shield and cap spring so, some component has failed inside the unit. It will be interesting to see what's inside when Itake it apart and try to fix it. If Ican determine which component is faulty, I can replace it and it should work (?).
Ibegan hearing a spark when I turned the ignition on and a double spark when Iwould turn the crankshaft through 360. I traced it to the plug cap and shield wire coming from the unit. The spark was a nice hot blue color ...and it was jumping approx. 1.5 inches from the braided shield to the spring.

Of course, I discovered that after I had replaced the diaphram and pump in the carb. It definitely needed the diaphram but, not sure about the pump. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks (ordered from China) to find out if my carb repair had any affect.

IDEA ! I think I'll pull the ignition out of the Yak and use it on the SW. I won't be flying the Yak until the new fuselage gets here so Imight as well use it until the parts come in.

RJ