RCU Forums - View Single Post - the best beginer plane for aroud $100
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 04:53 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: the best beginer plane for aroud $100

First Welcome to RCU.

By the looks of the post you are new to the Hobby, and want to get into flying?

1. Transmitter cost from $59.99 a DX5E Spectrum- to higher end models, that have 10 or more memories for planes and heli's.

2. ARF or RTF, RXR, there are kits with included transmitters, as well just planes?

3. plane parts, to scratch builds.

I started out new, but new to planes, and gone the route of a Hobbyzone Champ. Comes as a kit, a self teaching plane, you get a Tx, battery, plane and carger, and carrying case, work bench.

In time this will get you through the basics, and advance you into the hobby fast.

If you decide $79-89 is the budget you do fine,but if you are leaving to spend some more, the Hobbyzone Super Cub will be the better choice, if hte plane feels to big, then step down to the MSC (mini Super cub), or Electrifly flylite. You want DSM2 not Fm As the MSC as a metal ant I preferre DSM2

Remember the Hobbyzone champ, and most others old their value.

You will crash, and all you need is gorilla glue white, or brown, and some time. foam is the easiest plane to repair.

The Tx will be a item that will be wit you for the longest, and most valuable tool.

If you have skills you may find a site, order the plane parts and build.

For the champ example:

Fuselage with electronics 45.00
wing 10.00
tail kit 7.00
propeller, wheels, batt a few dollars.

Makes sense today to get the kit for $80.00

You ave options tt are endless, keep us posted. I find the camp to be te most relaxing plane around, fits in the car anywhere I go.