RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blade mQX Toyish look to Killer UFO look!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:33 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade mQX Toyish look to Killer UFO look!!!

Blade mQX - MIA Phantom(TM) and Edge(TM) Upgrades
Blade mQX Canopies, Blade mQX Bodies, Blade mQX Shells, Blade mQX Upgrades, Blade mQX Mods.

Intro: About a month ago, I stumbled upon the Blade mQX, a cool new quad rotor product. Bought it and have been having a ball! with it.

First Impression: It is pretty stable compared to some early, much larger ones I flew back in the early 90's, which at the time were just beginning to surface at a much higher price tag.
Wow we are so spoiled with todays affordable and powerful tiny RC equipment that makes it possible for a lot of cool flying models.

A deeper Look: After trying the Blade mQX, the stock canopy was a bit distracting, toyish looking and it was not really doing the overall product justice.
I think the logic the original designers had was probably to make it look like a "Transformer" but in my opinion and perhaps that of others,
it fails to stay in line with the overall look of the rest of the flying aircraft and more serious electronics, it could have been done a lot better, I thought.

MIA Options: So here are 2 of several designs I came up , which are more in tune with a more stealth, serious and fun cool look. I will be offering these via my site MIA Micro-FLIGHT this month.

Other designs in various shapes and forms, both in the already well established MIA Phantom (TM) Carbon pattern and MIA Edge(TM) colors canopies will be offered,thereafter, still working on few others and we'll be adding also other goodies to the MIA UPgrades -Blade mQX section in our web site.

WHY? Because I just gotta!

I love having the options to play with different setus and looks as this helps prolong the interest level in this model and I think this is a great compact platform for a lot of cool stuff. More surprises from MIA Micro-FLIGHT coming!

Helis vs Quads: Although I am more pro the more conventional RC helicopter, these "quad" rotor helis and in particular, the Blade mQX, offers yet another level of fun. A great platform for adding a keychain camera under the bellie and just having fun around the house, backyard or small park.

Check it out! Original Blade mQX and MIA Options.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiudEI_B9ZM[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79973.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	1722549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31157.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1722550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22541.jpg
Views:	73