RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM
rcklingaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

I'm a complete newbie to the RCs the XS was the first truck I have purchased and I have been very pleased so far it has ran great for me. I have put about 12 packs through it and I have only ran in to the following:

One upright broke this was due to a complete newbie driving it and basically made the truck cartwheel on its wheels down the road way to fast.

Some screws are striping this is because I overdo everything including tightening things down.

The horizontal bars that the body attaches to broke but after looking at the design of course they broke and will just stay broken.

The other thing I did was reroute the antenna cable so that the rear axle wouldn't catch it. After I did that the plastic antenna cover on the outside broke off once when it flipped over and I noticed I only had about 1 inch of plastic on the outside as well as 1 inch of antenna cable so I just put a little plastic cap over that and it works / looks better than the long plastic tube that wasn't doing anything.

My drive cups haven't been wearing yet although I have kept them greased up.

I am running stock on everything even the servo which I don't currently have a problem with and that is probably because I don't know how good it can be lol.