View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Umran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Propeller Thrust Estimator

ORIGINAL: jaka

Hi!
Come on guys!
Those static trust figures are worth nothing!
Just bolt a prop on and fly the plane and see what works best in the air instead ...sooo simple! why complicte things that don't have to be complicated???
Dear jaka,
Radio Control hobby is vast. Those involved in this hobby come from all walks of life. Some are millionaires and some are just making enough for living. For those who can afford there will be no problem at all and your statement suites them just fine. However for those who can't, we definitely do not want them to be discouraged. For this group of hobbyist, every penny that they spend better make it worth!

We may argue by saying, "if you are just making enough to live, why must you get involve in this rather expensive hobby?". The answer is very simple, this highly technical hobby have produced and will continually produce many fine engineers who develop, design and maintaining those things that flies today. You maybe seated in one of them during your travel and perhaps i myself maybe involved in ensuring the safety of that particular flight, possibility is there and you'll never know.

Myself was exposed on this hobby since my childhood days, but back then in 1978, an average family can't afford to buy a model airplane for their son. Because of the deep curiosity i continuously pester my father to buy one. Lucky me, i finally got my hands on that green plastic spitfire with cox 0.049 engine control line model. That my friend kick start everything.

I believe, many young students out there who get involve in this hobby will one day develop more than what we can today.

rgds,
umran