RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skybolt hangar and clubhouse
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Skybolt hangar and clubhouse

ORIGINAL: u2builder

Ha, that's where I saw the servos on top, plus I was looking at the plan view and saw the single aileron servo on top. I see where they are normally mounted on the bottom, and haven't gotten to that yet.

I had a heck of a time getting the bottom wing lined up. It wanted to be more forward than it should be. I had to jigger the ends of the interplane wires a bit and also sand a little off the leading edge. Then I laid it straight on the plans and put the dihedral braces in and glue it together. Then I trial fitted it and it is OK now. It was a scary time for a while. I see why Zor waited to close in the front end! I think I will be OK. The incidence seems reasonably OK but I'll recheck it and tweak things when it is done if I need to.
Now you know what I was talking about.
When I was at the stage of joining the bottom wing It was sitting 3/8" too far ahead to have a straight leading and trailing edges. Since the interstruts had been made exactly sitting on the drawing as per the manual I had to back up the top wing by that amount. The cabane wires were bent at the wrong angles.

You are a fellow with a way when you have a willl .

Zor