RCU Forums - View Single Post - Photos of Carl Golberg and original Falcon 56
Old 02-04-2012, 10:45 AM
crigotti
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Photos of Carl Golberg and original Falcon 56

ORIGINAL: crigotti

ORIGINAL: rcacro

While searching my files for the prints of the Super Skylark, I came across these photos taken during the test phase of the original Falcon 56. If my memory is correct, these pictures were taken in a Park located in Maywood, Il. This was the original Falcon 56 without the ailerons.
I am the one starting the engine and was the test pilot on most of the test flights. We did convince Carl to fly the test model during one of the early flights as I stood close behind him ready to grab the transmitter. No buddy box arrangements in those days.
Photos were taken by Joe Vermock who was a commercial photographer and a very skilled modeler who was the person who taught me me how to build light models.
BTW the park land was previously used as one of the first airports for Airmail service in the country.

John W.
Scottsdale, Az
John,
Thanks for sharing the photos and information. I noticed that the balck stripe on the verical fin is different between pictures. I'm guessing that the thinner stripe in the second picture looked better and that was what was placed on the box top.

Thanks again.
Now that I look closely at the two pictures, I think they are different models. Not only is the fin stripe different, but there is a fuel tube sticking out the top on the second photo. Also it looks like later in the year on the second photo because everybody is wearing jackets.