RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:31 AM
rcjunky67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Hey, how do you become a member around here?Looking at the post dates I can see that this thing has been around for some time now,and that's a relief... I've recently stepped up to my first saito 4 stroke,it's a 150s. ran it for it's break in on cool power 4stroke fuel,1 gal on test stand. using a 16x8 prop.RPM figures on my tach look right according to manual,and I'm using a 4-stoke glow plug from OS.I'm building a seagull modells ultimate 90 size bipe arf for this engine, and would like to mount it inverted. what if any issue's will I have to deal with.I'll not be using any kind of auxilliary fuel pump,and it appears that the fuel tank sit's low enough in this model that the tank plug centerline will be right at or just slightly above the centerline of the high speed needle valve assembly.So I'm not antisapating problems with fuel flow.I'd rather not see this big set of valve covers sticking out of the side of the cowl if I can help it. Even though the cowl for this plane is big enough to fit over my fat head,this motor is still gonna stick out somewhere once mounted and I'd like to keep as scale an appearence as possible.I'm sure some of you are wandering why a 150 on a 90 size plane, right? well,according to hrizon hobby,this thing has roughly the same case dimmensions as a 125, just more powerThe 125, size is at the top end of the recommended size range. And I picked this beautiful engine up on ebay for about 20% of retail, brand new never been fired perfect condition. And who amungst you,my brethren,would deny me that a little more power than needed is anything but AMERICAN !!! So thanks for any advice for a first time Saito virgin,As always i'd like to take the best care of this engine thet I can.she's definettly destined to be handed down one day...Thanks again