RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...
Old 02-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Jeff Spicoli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

Hi all. It's been over a year since I posted. I've been so busy with work, family stuff and rebuilding a full size muscle car that I put the RC hobby on hold for a while, and didn't even venture into my man cave except for the occasional bottle of wine. I happened to stop by my LHS to get some guidance on LiPo batteries, as I had a few for some of my electric aircraft but had not yet charged them or run them for fear of burning down my house. While I was there, I saw the Slash 4X4 RTR, and decided to make an entirely unnecessary and impulse purchase, along with some Hobby People 5000 mah 2S LiPo batteries. I took the stock BFG Mud Terrain tires off as they look really nice and don't want to use them, and replaced them with the Pro Line tires I had on my Slash 2WD. I charged the packs and took the car outside to run LiPo batteries for the first time. I don't know if it's the Slash 4X4, or the LiPos, or both, but that car took off like a scalded cat and was incredibly fast. I'm yet to take it to a dirt track, but I was impressed by how fast and fun the Slash 4X4 is to drive. As much as I usually buy Associated cars and buggies for competition, I look forward to driving this in the spec class at one of the local dirt tracks.