RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blade mQX Toyish look to Killer UFO look!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade mQX Toyish look to Killer UFO look!!!

ORIGINAL: Bigdaddybiscuitsplitter

I have drooled over the other MIA products, and as far as the look of the stock quad goes, definitely transforwannaber. So the new styling is an improvement. Seems to me that it wouldn't be that hard to vacuform a shell that gave modelers a flying semi scale version of something we don't have yet... hmmmm, 4 rotors, no tail boom- why not look into the past failed Lockheed Martin projects for starters, as in Aerocar- the four rotors would fit into a round airframe, and given the lift capabilities, weight and balance issues are easily solved. Lots of other stuff out there too for ideas, movies, tv shows, etc. How does one judge the aesthetics of a model when by the very nature of the word ''model'' our hobby tends to reflect something already in existence??? I see an untapped market segment here.... try Millennium Falcon, USS Enterprise, lol even those nifty flying saucers from Batteries Not Included.
...,............ just an honest opinion from a long time modeler who thinks the quad rotor stuff could have more appeal.
Blade mQX - MIA Aerocar

Hi Big,
I am in total agreement with all you said. The Aerocar is on top of my list, for the same reasons you have pointed out.

Several years ago, before any of the quad revolution took off there was a toy saucer fully enclosed in a foam ring.
I did a full thread write up on of that in another forum.
Unfortunately the toy was tethered and did not have the piezo gyro accelerometers that some of the recent modern model saucer control electronics have.
But it was a start in the right direction I thought. Not that toy saucers have not been done even before these semi stable electric prop toys.

The aerocar has been one of my favorites since I stumbled upon it in an old magazine when I was much younger andit is one
that I am actually working on for the Blade mQX, jus goes to show, that people with a similar interest think in similar ways.
The aerocar has actually inspired some of the modern day RC models and toys saucers, I think.