View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 08:56 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Regulation passed the House

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Pilot
As I read things, the following line requires the AMA to negotiate with the FAA now and whenever the FAA wants:

''acts as a liaison with government agencies as an advocate for its members''

If the AMA doesn't play ball with the FAA, then the AMA does not meet the definition of a CBO.
two things-

1) 'Liaison' does not mean 'play ball', or 'seek acceptance', 'do as you are told', or 'surrender to'. Having a cbo liaison officer be the one to tell the FAA to stuff it on behalf of the org at every meeting with the FAA can meet the congressional definition nicely.

2) The bill eliminates the negotiating with FAA. Sure they can ask us to consider stuff, but we can just say ''No thankyou. NEXT!''. Thats not a negotiation, thats FAA begging with no position to hurt us... recall how the FAA's boss said they may not promulgate any rule or regulation regarding a model.... no matter how upset they get over them not being able to tell us what to do

in another thread Silent made this observation-
The situation we are in now allows us to still work with the FAA, play nice as it were, but if the FAA gets nasty with us we can simply walk away. HUGE difference.

The AMA MUST act as liason with government agencies as an advocate for its members.

If the AMA refuses to do so then the AMA does not meet the definition of a CBO.

When I used the term, "play ball", I meant the AMA MUST meet with the FAA. They cannot refuse to meet with the FAA.

If you think that meeting with the FAA is not required by the new legislation, then we disagree.