RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anybody interested in a NEW YS shortstroke? New, as in produced this year...
Old 02-14-2012, 04:52 AM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody interested in a NEW YS shortstroke? New, as in produced this year...

Will, Very interesting redevelopment here !! ??

ORIGINAL: flywilly

Hi Guys,
I have some potentially very exciting news: YS is considering manufacturing a new 10cc (.61) rear exhaust short-stroke engine.
This really got started by Chip Hyde when he opened the post regarding which 3 classic pattern kits would you be interested in. Of course, the concern was raised regarding availability of rear exhaust engines. I knew Paul Pappas had called Rich Verano about a year ago to inquire about YS making more 60s and there didn't seem to be much interest by YS at the time. I decided to give it another try and spoke to Rich about the possibility of YS producing some more 60s about a month ago. Long story made short(er): we chatted, he chatted with YS and they are interested in the project!

Regards,
Will Bartlett
PS - I have no 'personal' interest or stake in this venture (unlike the Hanno sleeves) - just a very excited spectator!