RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tomahawk-Design Bae Hawk 1: 3.5
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 05:44 PM
tobba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tomahawk-Design Bae Hawk 1: 3.5

Scott, brilliant. Great to see your shots! The model looks really impressive.

The 'doors not closing' thing has been on my radar since day one - I cant remember who complained to me heavily about this but it seems to be a relatively common thing with the SG models too.

I agree the fully ducted system is the way to go and am in the process of making my own for my TH. I'm using a carbon comp arf bypass that fits between the turbine mount perfectly at 154mm diameter. I'm making custom ducts in a similar to marc s's SG bypass kit. I'm making male moulds at the moment - a left and right. These will then be Vaselined up and glassed from the outside. From there they will be split on the inside flat face and seamed. I am not sure if my system will be fully ducted or stop a third of the way down the engine - ie: semi ducted if you like but the airflow will be ducted to the front of the engine, and not throughout the airframe. Best case will look for a fully ducted system and change the bell housing on the front of the thrust tube to suit the Comp Arf bypass - its yet to arrive for me to be able to check the fit etc. I hope it does!

This could be a simple system to custom fit to yours if you like the format.

This is the link for the Comp arf large carbon bypass: http://www.carf-models.com/public_ca...art&proId=1570

Cheers, and well done with the test flight! Nice work.