RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anybody interested in a NEW YS shortstroke? New, as in produced this year...
Old 02-14-2012, 07:28 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Anybody interested in a NEW YS shortstroke? New, as in produced this year...

Hi guys,
Great response! I will answer questions as best I can. YS wants to make a run of 100 engines which the US importer (Rich Verano) will purchase. The engines will then be made available to the public (I do not know the specifics) for sale. You (the modeling public) can buy 1 or more engines at a time until they are gone. If this is successful (I don't know how that will be determined, but for the sake of argument let's say all the engines are sold within 6 months of release) then YS may consider making more.
Price...? I can't provide any hard numbers, but I can say that the price will not be near $500 and hopefully closer to $300. Remember, this is just at the discussion stage. I threw the $300 figure out when I talked to Rich just as a consideration. My logic is that $300 is probably about what most guys interested in CPA aircraft would be willing to spend, much beyond that and you start approaching the price for a Jett 90 FIRE which are basically custom built. I think the AXE Rossi rear exhaust was about $300 (approximately) when it was available.
One last point, I am doing the 'research' for Rich on the interest level for this engine; so the more honest interest/feedback I get, the better I can assess the market for him.
Thanks,
Will