RCU Forums - View Single Post - Regulation passed the House
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 AM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Regulation passed the House

So it is not necessarily so that we have a blank check to do whatever we please. If it annoys the FAA they can still find a way to make our lives unpleasant. I have great confidence however that the AMA has gained considerable insight into what concerns the FAA may have had with model operations and will make certain that we address those to minimize the potential of the FAA of exercising their authority to "pursue enforcement action against persons operating model aircraft who endanger the safety of the national airspace system".
yup
Congress did not have the bill say its ok to do bad things,
the FAA can still punish you if you do bad things.
It just says that FAA cant harass organized groups of folks that play with their toy airplanes... just playing with a toy airplane is not a crime and the FAA cant say it is to those groups under congress' (US Fed Law) protection.

But havent folks been bragging for years
how AMA is great cause AMA has been dealing with the FAA for decades for us,
and how AMA is great cause the FAA has always known about and ok'ed AMA's curb-kicking of AC91-57?
I know we have seen the folks here telling us how great AMA is by those points.
So, if AMA The Great has been liaisoning with and doing what FAA is ok with for decades,
where is the new, urgent, expensive need to rewrite our documents coming from?

It almost sounds as if the FAA never heard of AMA,
and wants to see some documents so they can learn about what we do
... it sure dont sound like FAA has been liaisoning with AMA (for decades)
nor that AMA has been lobbying FAA (for decades)
if we need to NOW tell them about our policies that they have been agreeing to for decades.

I gotta wonder, which is it?
Do I believe the folks saying AMA is great cause AMA has been working with FAA for decades,
or do I believe that FAA need to see rewritten AMA documents to introduce FAA to AMA (& what FAA has allegedly been liaisoning / ok'ing for decades) ??[&:]