RCU Forums - View Single Post - Regulation passed the House
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Regulation passed the House

The new urgent need to rework the AMA Safety Code grew out of the sUAS regulation/rule making efforts on the part of the FAA. Had that not happened I do not think the AMA wold have been backed into a corner with regard to doing anything with the Safety Cade. But the Rule making process changed everything. But you know this, so why the straw man question?
I asked what is the need NOW,
not if there was a need before we got congress' protection.
Yes, I did know all about the need back then, but what about NOW?

While the new AMA guidelines that are coming our way may not be anymore restrictive to those who observed them to date, a more rigorously defined set may feel "restrictive" to those not yet used to following them?
omg
you need to rewrite the rules rather than enforce the ones we got now?

I mean, sure some of us have been stating for years that AMA's rules are too subjective and full of terms like Should / Avoid / Try-to rather than terms like Must/Never/Will. If you want to now say we have been right this whole time, maybe a lot of folks shouldnt have been calling us AMA bashers over it, eh?

but the bigger point over that quote is that it dont mandate we submit our New-Enforcable AMA Rules to anyone.

So again, where is the need to ask for FAA's blessing of our New-Enforcable AMA Rules
if you keep saying we will keep doing what we have been doing (and that FAA already knows we do),
and the whole thing falls under congress' protection from having to do it anyway?