RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting started, on a budget, with a size limit
Old 02-19-2012, 01:35 AM
flyfisher117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting started, on a budget, with a size limit

Space and money are the big factors here. Less money I spend the happier the wallet is. Smaller the plane, better the chances for me to take it to college with me. (just dont see parking a plane with a 40" wing span in a dorm.)

Just looking at getting my foot in the door, testing it all out and making sure its a hobby I like. Say I got a little foam 3ch plane flew it, and got to where I was comfortable with it and knew its limitations would I have much of an issue with a 4ch foam plane?

What durability issues would be different from the Champ to the Mini super cub? The wings look to be different thickness but is there anything else im not seeing? I figured the champ was light enough that it would take a decently hard crash to damage it too bad.

I just dont want to get a stupid little "toy" plane. or anything with quality like the Air Hogs Havoc Helicopters have.

Im going to try to make it to town just to see if I can find both and maybe more for sale just to get a hands on look and see them in person.