RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite P-47D Thunderbolt ARF .60-.91: Building & Mods
Old 02-21-2012, 02:31 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite P-47D Thunderbolt ARF .60-.91: Building & Mods

ORIGINAL: callide

I'm concerned about my proposed inverted 2 stroke (OS 91FX) not running properley, can I side mount this engine as every one is mounting their engine inverted, soughta thinkin maybe I side mount this engine but may have to cut too much cowl for a good fit. Maybe I take the gamble to see if my engine will run inverted without additional glow etc.
I'm thinking you are overly paranoid. Can't speak for anyone else, let alone EVERYONE else, but Saito 1.00 is totally inverted, as it is in other models. NO PROBLEMS! Mine does not stick out of the cowl at all. Only holes are for glow plug access (no onboard glow), needle valvels, and exhaust cut out. If you side mount it, you will most certainly have to cut a large hole for the jug.

BTW: if you want to know how "every one is mounting their engine", you might want to consider reading the entire thread, rather than asking "every one" to re-post (hope the forum police find my reply 'sensitive' enough).