RCU Forums - View Single Post - Changing gear ratios in Caldera 10e?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 07:22 PM
JRockZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Changing gear ratios in Caldera 10e?

Dads, arent you running to hot with the 15 and stock motor and esc? Mine runs was hot right now how it is completley stock: Heres a copy and paste of my explanation to someone i thought was going to help me with it but i did not hear back from them:

as for my caldera 10E its completly stock never did anything to it sept drive it, jump it like 10-15ft in the air and break bodys like crazy LOL. Redcat sent me the HexFly replacement servo that lasted all of 5 mins (junk servo-used a used one i had instead) the only other thing ive done with it is take it apart for cleaning and to verify that every part moves and spins freely,, the only thing wrong with the truck other than the motor getting way to hot is I cant friggin break it!! Ha!!
Redcat said it maybe the esc but its forsure not that,,, it works fine,, the truck has no bottom end tourque and shutters a couple times then from there its just all out crazy fun, if i stop it in front of a 3 inch high curb and try flooring it to get up the curb it will just shutter and cog like it is way over geared but again the gears are still stock never replaced them so i dont know why its doing this but i'm guessing its the motor itself.Let me know your thoughtsplease.

Im considering going down in tire size and putting some short course wheels and tires and a short course PROLINE body that wont easily shatter lol.Im hoping the lower tire height will get me backa lil bit of bottom end. I was going to try and go down on the pinion gear but the LHS's lowesttooth pinion gear is a 13T.

And pede yes the gears are 32P i verified that today.

Im wondering if any of the himoto cars/trucks or Exceed will work, ive not looked at what sizes they have.