RCU Forums - View Single Post - Changing gear ratios in Caldera 10e?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:33 PM
JRockZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Changing gear ratios in Caldera 10e?

Well Dad's if you can touch the motor and keep your thumb on it for more than 10 secondsthen your temps are fine and yes with the short course wheels and tires it will run cooler and have a touch more low end tourque.
Mine now over heats in the first couple mins of running it so whatever it is is getting worse or has to do with my recent esc change. i manually reprogramed the ESC today (not 100% sure i did it right but i think i did) and i cranked up the punch control and brought down the timing in hopes of it running a lil cooler and getting a touch more tourque on take off, it made a little difference but not much and its still over heating big time. Im afraid to shut off the Thermalprotection as i dont want the motor to frybuti cant think of much else to do to lower my motor temps. I guess i will try and makeit a short course as well, supposed to pick up some Slash wheels and tires that are on a beater roller im getting in the next few days they fit it perfect ive already tested them..

How do you guys have your ESC's set (if you know) maybe im missing something.
Mine is:
1. Running mode = Fwd/Rev w/brake
2. Drag brake= Stock setting 10%
3. Low VoltageShut off = 3.4V per cell
4. Punch=L8 <<L8 because icould not get L9 set bydoing it manually
5. Max Brake Force=75%
6. Max Reverse=75%
7. Inital Brake Force=20%
8. Neutral Range= Normal 9%
9. Timing=7.50º
10. Overheat Protection= On