View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Horsepoweraviation
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GTM 1/2 Scale Fokker Triplane

ORIGINAL: TKFOKKER

Joe
That's a lot of work between now and fall of this summer. The problem will be in getting the things from Glenn on a timely manner to be able to build this project that fast. Unless of course you completely scratch yours. I was actually looking forward to doing a semi built kit so to speak, I've been scratch building all my planes since 1983. So what ever I can get Glenn to make will be a blessing for a change. My triplane will be scale, I will set my goal for 2014. Plus this is going to be a very exspensive project with the prices of wood these days. Not much balsa in this plane. There's alot of metal parts that need to be made yet, and the changes will have to be worked out. I didn't want to lose all the scale fidelity in the gun area with the way his 1/4 and 1/3rd scale center section is so I came up with the new design of the center wings plugging in so as the whole center will stay intact and now the guns can be mounted properly. I will be using a box aluminum in the center for the wings to slide into.
All in all it will be nice to see so many Dreideckers built at the same time and the different skill levels doing there thing.
TK
P.S. Tell your brother to repaint that D-6, How's his bucket coming along?

Whats wrong with the paint job? TK?

Everyone else loves it!?

HPA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64998.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1730677