RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Nitrage 5.2, The Offical Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
coalminer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Nitrage 5.2, The Offical Thread

ORIGINAL: jupman

Thanks for the reply Atomika, but upon close inspection i noticed that i had my facts wrong. I tested it again at home and noticed that the flywheel was turning perfectly when i try and start it.

However, there was no compression. So i took off the heat sink and had a look at the piston and sleeve. In the middle of the piston there is a hole!!

So i have destroyed my engine somehow. All i can think is that perhaps i was a little bit too hard on full throttle for too long. I had run in the motor, it wasn't running too lean, ample air. Maybe i pushed it too hard.

Anyhow ordered another piston and sleeve.....then will see from there!
A little bit of advice mate, If your spending hard money on a new piston and sleeve, then I would recommend you change both crank bearings at the same time because they are probably worn and it would not be long before your swapping the piston and sleeve again.

The stock rear bearings are silly money but the fronts are a standard size and cheap, try sniffing out any local engineering suppliers for bearings. I actually got some from USA from a company called VXB bearings http://www.vxb.com and bought the bearings for a lot cheaper than the Tamiya ones, even with postage to England they are very cheap. I will get the micrometer on them and see what size they are as I cant remember off hand.