RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)
Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
WARBIRDRCER
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

ORIGINAL: SIX GUNS

guys what would be cool is for all the brothers to make a squadren where they are and then a squadren # can be given.
Then as a home fighter group make where this started OK. then we can post all the pics of the squadren fighter wings . then make up the T-shirts as to the squadren #'s and fighter group . That mite make so we all can see how everybody is doing with out spending a small fortune going across the country

brotherhood #71

Jim
I like the idea SIX GUNS, so let’s put some thought into the structure.

Earlier flyntruk, Spitfire Brotherhood #47 reported including the United States there are 6 Countries that currently represent our Spitfire group.

In the USA there are 24 States where squadron members reside.

There is 196 Countries in the world, so here is a possible start to our Air Force (AF) structure.

If we use the countries in chronological order as they become affiliated with the Brotherhood by a person joining from each country, then we would start with the USA being the First (1st AF) Air Force, and so on. This would develop the world wide coverage of the entire Spitfire AF.

Example #1 in my case: 1ST AF, and then the division would be assigned by states in order of a person from a country’s state joining.

Example #2 in my case: 1ST AF, 1ST Division, or Fighter Group (FG) and then the final would be the Squadron number.

Example #3 in my case: 1ST AF, 1ST FG, 1ST Fighter Squadron

In example #3, Oklahoma members would belong to the 1ST AF, 1ST FG, 1ST Fighter Squadron in Oklahoma. If another site in Oklahoma started a squadron it would be the 2ND Fighter Squadron.

The next state in order of membership by representative would be the 1ST AF, 2ND FG, 1ST Fighter Squadron.

And so on: Thoughts??

If this were on a spread sheet it would track assignments for us.

Next question, do we want to be identified as an Air Force, or by another entity?

If another, please give feedback.