RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Ziroli designed, built and aluminum plated by Metal-morphous
Old 02-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Metalmorphous
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-38 Ziroli designed, built and aluminum plated by Metal-morphous

Hi Jim, Tom,
Wow where has the time gone.
Here's an update
As you know we purchased a new facility last April, had to remodel, disassemble our old shop and equipment and setup the new shop. All went as planned and we were catching up on our backlog of projects when we got hit with that storm that knocked out the power for 5 days. We were right in the middle of a large plating job when that happen and the metal cooled before I could purge the equipment. Long story short, we had to replace 90% of the plating transfer lines and atomizing tips,, all custom made.
We were down for 3 weeks and work was backing up. We rebuilt the equipment and added some safety devices that hopefully will prevent this from happening again. Just as we saw some daylight from the back up of work, we got an influx of work from the antique automotive industry. I have attached a photo of one our the current project for you car guys.
Two weeks ago we took in a beautiful and big p-47 and it's here to be morphed with the works. I will be posting photos for the owner on the CARF P-47 thread
As for my morphed 38, my engines are back and I will be resuming work on it and will add photos here as it progresses.
Thanks for hanging around here on my build thread and checking in on me
It feels good to be working on the models again...