RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 AM
phatg0nk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88

Hello Everyone!

I would like to start off saying im new to this thread but have read a good bit of it. If some of these questions were covered in other threads forgive me.
Okay , this is my first gas plane period..Ef Yak 54 -88''
The Arf went together very well so far, and i am very pleased with the quality, and was happy to see unlike the instructions said mine came with wheels and axels as well.

I may ask several in particuliar questions during this but my biggest question is asking for feedback onmy approach as a whole. so here is what i have purchased so far.
1. DLE-55 " I am on a somewhat limited-budget -not really wanting to discuss engine choice"
2. Hitec 7955Tg servos for all control surfaces- Can i use stock control arms relaibly " i know i need 4'' offset arm"for pull pull
3. Throttle servo.. have not purchased how skimpy can i go here . do i need high speed for throttle response. 4. Fromeco Extreme geniune A-123 cell 2300mah battery with 2 Fromeco Badger switches< one for Rx and 1 for ignition.
5. New Radio -Hitec aurora w/ 7 channel reciever -is channels enough?
6 I also purchased plenty of hd twisted Extensions

I Do want to Simplify my Set-up as much as possible, to elminate points of failure and user error" Im so nervous setting it up, and dont want to overlook somthing.

ALL in ALL - I was looking into a 4.8 seperate battery for ignition and using my one A-123 2300mah battery for rx, or buying another A-123 and running duels on rx.. IF i were to go that route should i just use regulator for igntion Note my dle ignition specifies no more than 5 volts or damage will be done
Also read somthing interesting somewhere that there were a few guys running there ignition for DLE's off the balancing tab of A-123s
Do you guys think there is a clear cut answer for any of this .. one 2300mah for rc? duel batteries for rx? if duels should i use regulator and skip the seperate battery for ign and shar one of the 2-2300 packs going to rx .or was my original plan of seperate nicad4.8v battery on ignition and one a-123 2300 on Rx sound the most practical
Last question As far as choke- Is manual with no servo Viable? -
As far as DLE-55, stock muffler vrs pipe..Night and day difference>? or not enough to justify 300 dollars off the get go

Please Remember , Im trying to keep it simple but by no means put myself in danger by doing somthing not worth the saving a point of failure/weight/redunancy

thank you guys