RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yellow F22 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:58 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Yellow F22 Build

Had a great time at FLjets with the raptor. She flew great! Only problem was I had 3 flame outs and lost the gear doors doing off feild landings dead stick. Will get new ones on order soon.

I was exploring the flight envelope more and its a great plane all around. I was able to do tight loops with the thrust vectoring and I then tried doing high alpha and it was a breeze and very stable. So I went ahead and tried hovering and agian the plane just sat thier perfectly stable. The best part is when you drop the nose like after hovering or a tight loop you can bring the nose back up with the thrust vectoring. Its a great slow flyer! I also have been taking it as fast as it can go and agian very solid. Its also probably one of the best landing and predicitable jets I have had.

I had to send my ECU back to jet central so my flying was cut short but I hope to get back to it in a few weeks. But I am totaly blown away with the performance of this plane going slow and fast. my 120 size turbine is plenty for this plane and I cant think of a single scale plane that was going any faster then the raptor. But it was a challenge getting out of that thick grass at FLjets. The plane used up around 650 to 700 feet of runway and was pulling full elevator the whole time to break the ground.