RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rotor Concept Quad Copter HPQ-1
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:01 AM
SpatialZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rotor Concept Quad Copter HPQ-1

I am having same issue now as 4in1guy describes. Long intermittent tone forever. This occured today resuming use of copter AFTER the HPQ-1 successfully started to fly a first time a week earlier. Only ran copter 5 minutes:

[Warning: Do not assume any of the four supplied blades for your new HPQ-1 are secured with the nut caps tight as the blade replacement instructions indicate! If you just bought, reassemble tight with tool/rod and Loctite all four before use! Those lil buggers are black and never to be found outdoors if they fly off. $12.95 each to replace!]

Perhaps related but am curious about the supplied power module for recharging battery. Maybe my battery is not getting charged? Mine only illuminates "green". No "red" for "charging". A check with voltmeter seems to indicate voltage is supplied at the connector. I would like to rule out a low battery charge/faulty battery recharge connectors but that is hard to validate. What happens when you initiate the HPQ-1 with an already low battery? Do you get that long continuous tone?