RCU Forums - View Single Post - Regulation passed the House
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Regulation passed the House

ORIGINAL: Top_Gunn

Of course not; the AMA doesn't get to draft federal regulations. I'm sure it will propose some, though.
There will be NO REGULATIONS drafted against any modeler participation under a CBO guidlines by the FAA....

Many non-AMA members fly at sites other than established model aviation fields (ie: AMA clubs). How will this impact the new regulations and how will the new role for AMA address this?

Rich Hanson, leader of the AMA Government and Regulatory Affairs:

We won’t know for sure how the FAA will address the non-AMA modeler until the proposed sUAS rule is published in the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) slated for release later this spring.

However, it’s clear that the provisions provided in the recent FAA reauthorization bill do not apply to model aircraft operations conducted outside the safety programming of a nationwide community-based organization.

Those provisions, the way I read it, are basically what we already have in place through the AMA. Everybody keeps thinking the FAA is going to come and tell us how, what and IF we can do something. They have effectively been eliminated from regulatory authority in our concern, isn't that what was in the bill the president signed???