RCU Forums - View Single Post - Satisfaction From Rebuilding
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 AM
R Verbael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satisfaction From Rebuilding

I am always a bit saddened when I see perfectly rebuildable crashed airplanes in the garbage cans at the flying field. Hell, after I get over the "hurt" that comes from re-kitting an airplane, I always pick up all the pieces and carefully take them home to be inspected and inventoried for what can be salvaged, etc. A perfect case in point is a story centered around a 12' Telemaster that my buddy crashed (second time) and gave it to me to rebuild. I took the challenge and rebuilt it in a couple of concentrated weeks.....this effort is documented in this forum and is available for everyone to peek at. 12' Telemaster Rebuild One Telly pic is attached. Pic shows the former owner, Yuma Mike, holding what was left of the fuse. Both wings were also severely crunched.

As another example, I will post pictures of a nice flying Venture 60...(Bruce Tharp design that predates the 4*40, etc). Great flying airplane that got away from me and I totally munched it. Because I really liked the airplane and looked at the pieces as a challenge, I rebuilt it. Did not take a lot of time and flys as good as ever. NTSB-type crash pics are from 2 incidents....center pic is after last crash rebuild.

I post this to offer incentive to those guys that fill up the trash cans with re-kitted airplanes. Do not go out and buy another ARF....REBUILD[8D].
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50002.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1735979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57732.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1735980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu52362.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	64.9 KB