RCU Forums - View Single Post - My new XXL. Some questions!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Flimflamman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new XXL. Some questions!

Yeah I don't know anyone nor do the guys I bash with from work that has one (they have an E-Revo and Revo 3.3). It is my first real RC and I wanted something beefy. Big selling points for me, to name a few, was the quality of the product, telemetry, and the excellent balance and handling I saw in all the videos (I researched them for a few weeks).

I took care of the idle breaking in yesterday. I had a small issue I noticed after the second idling, which was fuel leaking from the header exhaust gasket. Somehow, or maybe it came like that and I didn't notice it, part of the seal was popped out towards the bottom allowing fuel to leak down the side of the motor. I took the pipe off and re-seated it pretty quick and that hasn't been an issue since.

At lunch and after work I did some more breaking and got to the point where I could start opening it up pretty good and it ran very strong (albeit still running a little rich). We were zipping around out in an open field that had a couple of small trees and I swerved to keep from plowing my friends 3.3 and nailed one of them. [&:] That broke the front spindle (B2104) and put a stop to the fun for the day.

I'll get the part tomorrow and be back in business in no time. Good times!