RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great planes ultimate 160
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 04:04 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Great planes ultimate 160

ORIGINAL: iflywhenican

Let us know how it went, but my predictions are that it will take a few hours or DAYS for you to get the smile off your face.
I call that "needing a grin-ectomy"

I predict he will look like this once he has it up and trimmed out and then once he gets a little braver and does a roll on low rates at book throws, he'll look like this [X(]

and once he lands, he'll look like this [&:] and this

And if he ever decides to get really brave and do a blender, then he'll be in the porta-potty cleaning out his shorts once he lands and verifies that everything is alright

The point I'm making is the blenders on this this are so fast and so tight that the first time I did one I landed thinking I surely would have had to break something because to me all I saw was a big ball of color going really fast and thought I was going to yank the tail right of the thing. I won't even get into a Knife Edge spin at 3D rates and full throttle and how tight and fast it gets

Also, if you used metal geared servos, then be sure to have a drop of locktite on the screw holding the servo arm on the servo, even if the arm itself is plastic, I've seen way too many people forget or did not know that little tidbit only to land with the control rod hanging or worse yet, out in the field with a trash bag