RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Volcano Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

ORIGINAL: Heli biggie

I broke of a rear axle holder the other day , and i have been letting the glue dry to test today, i do have some new aluminum upgrades coming . But i feel if i keep it on the road , my glue idea may hold up. I hope i dont loose another dogbone.

Funny name dad, we do love r/cing. If you have kids get them a sumo, they are also great.
I've tried the glue thing myself. It'll probably let you limp around if your not jumping and taking it easy until your new parts get in. I had that problem with the front steering knuckles on my son's Caldera 10E when they kept stripping out. 1st glue attempt lasted a few days, then after the first glue fail it was lasting a few minutes. I put the aluminum knuckles on last Oct, no problems since. The Sumo's are pretty cool. I have two of them for the kids. One of them stripped the rear diff within 3-4 days, actually didn't strip it but chipped a gear and was making a clicking sound. Once I replaced that 2 weeks later my son smashed it into a door and blew the steering servo. Since then no more problems. My daughters ran for 2 months with no issues until about 2 weeks ago, lost the main board. Was probably the most dificult part to change on those tiny little trucks.