RCU Forums - View Single Post - NSRCA Candidate Rules Proposal Survey is available
Old 03-10-2012, 09:07 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NSRCA Candidate Rules Proposal Survey is available

I can just see all the canopies blowing downwind after a dust devil moves through the pits.

We have lived for decades with all the dangers of IC engines without putting a single rule in to the pattern event about how you will start your engine, or how it will be restrained while you start your engine, or how it will be put on to the runway, or how it will be shut off or how it will be removed from the runway. Our normal process of having your model carried out by a helper to the runway, positioned for take-off, then picked up at the end of the flight isn't even in the rules. We allow people to go out on to an active runway without any process defined in the rules for their safety at every pattern meet I have been to since 1975. Why has that worked for all these years? Because for the most part we are responsible people who are interested not only in our own safety but the safety of the others at the field. That has worked pretty well up to now.

I'm sorry, I am against adding this rule to the pattern event.