RCU Forums - View Single Post - NSRCA Candidate Rules Proposal Survey is available
Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 AM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NSRCA Candidate Rules Proposal Survey is available

To quote from the "disconnected power battery" requirement from RCA13-3 proposal (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10995145):

"ADD SECTION 6.9(A) TO THE SECTION 6 SAFETY REQUIREMENTS AS FOLLOWS:
6.9(a) – Except when airborne, physically restrained or on the runway, all models shall have any batteries which drive the propeller disconnected from the Electronic Speed Controller and/or motor. This disconnected state must result in a break in the wiring and indication of the disconnected state must be visible at all times to observers."

Two comments:

1. Seems to me there are other ways to completely disable an E-power system, such as disconnect one wire to the motor. So why only the requirement to disconnect the power battery?

2. There is no similar requirement for IC-powered planes. Why not? Is it because we assume there is no starter onboard?

But I am happy that the requirement is excluded when the plane is physical restrained. Restraining the plane with a restrainer is all needed to bypass the requirement.