RCU Forums - View Single Post - NSRCA Candidate Rules Proposal Survey is available
Old 03-12-2012, 06:15 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 125 Likes on 84 Posts
Default RE: NSRCA Candidate Rules Proposal Survey is available

ORIGINAL: jetmech43

so I have to put a hole in my plane now....... hmmm interesting
No sir, you do not.

I think some of you are missing the main point to the safety proposal. The rule is intended primarily to "secure" or make safe aircraft in the pits. We all contend and agree that the flight line itself is fairly safe. I'm so surprised at how many folks are up in arms about the new proposal to be honest. There's a certain AMA Rules Committee member that completely lost his plane due to someone not disarming his plane in the pits in the past few weeks. The plane started up and went right through his plane destroying it. Maybe we should ask him if he feels everyone is safe. Even if you are safe, there are those that aren't. Not everyone is a professional and many are new to the sport or even just electrics. There was no rule for IC such as that proposed because IC planes don't just start up randomly because a cell phone goes off or the transmitter is shut down. If you have an electric starter on your pattern plane, you must really be light. I don't think anyone has that.

Everette, you and I had a very nice conversation on the phone. We talked about this "nanny state" and you agreed when we discussed the fact that the Safety proposal was the only thing that required anything and that was before the proposal was rewritten. In fact, all the other proposals reduce the "nanny state" more than ever before. Class Advancement - just pick your class and fly, Telemetry - ability to use more of the features provided by our technology, Weight - less restrictive.
<br type="_moz" />