RCU Forums - View Single Post - *** CLUB SUPER TIGRE ***
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: *** CLUB SUPER TIGRE ***

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

I've been running-in a SuperTigre S.29 on my test stand for the upcoming season. I have ran 2 quarts of my break-in brew (5% nitro/25% castor) through it over about 14 runs starting out sloppy rich and leaning down over the last 16oz. I havent ran it up to full power yet (leaned to peak) and I was curious if it would be safe to assume I'd be alright to bring it up to full power (just a few clicks rich of peak power) for a few runs. I have a full tuned pipe on it (untuned) as the stock muffler is better used as a keychain ornament than a muffler. The highest rpm its reached so far was about 13,500 (for about 1-2 minutes) and its still a good bit rich at that. I'm using a MC59 hot plug and an APC 9x5 prop. It has never sagged after an adjustment, it just keeps going and going so I figured I could probably bring it up to peak and back it off just a little and maybe put it into service?

I don't know if I'll tune the pipe or not. I dont want it to end up being "peaky", so if it runs as strong as I think it will I'll just leave it as is and let it run.

Thoughts?
Is that a ringed or a ABC engine1QwkSport2.5r ?