RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great planes ultimate 160
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 02:22 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Great planes ultimate 160

ORIGINAL: acerc

Whoooo Hoooo! Got the maiden in. What a treat. A real pleaser and the added smoke mmmmmm mmmmmmm. All the throw's
will be lessened. The mfg's low is going to be my high.
Glad you like it, it just gets better as you fly it more. Smoke on an Ultimate is just something that has to be done. I never did it on this Ultimate but the others have it and there is nothing like drawing a great big heart in the sky

Please keep us updated as you fly it more and more and discover what this thing can really do and nope, I'm not talking about 3D stuff

I agree on the throws, book lows are pretty high if you ask me, especially the ailerons.

If I may make a suggestion and this applies to everyone flying this plane, go through the Peter Goldsmith trimming chart, once you complete that chart, you will absolutely love the plane as it will do everything you ask and not do anything else. As you will find out, when adding even the tiniest amount of rudder, this plane will want to roll into the direction of the rudder, you will also find out that going straight up will have the plane walking to the right because there is not enough right thrust built into the firewall and rolling on a 45 degree tends to walk the plane in the direction of the roll

Again, these steps are not required as it flies fine without the extra work, but once you do something like this, you'll be amazed at the end result. Yep, this comes from my IMAC background but it's so ingrained in me to really trim it out that I do it with everything I fly

If you have a smart phone or tablet based on either Apple or Android, there is an app you can get for free called IMAC lite which has the trimming chart in it. If you don't have a smartphone/tablet IU can easily post the PDF file for all to download