RCU Forums - View Single Post - Regulation passed the House
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Regulation passed the House

ORIGINAL: Top_Gunn

Any instance of overreaching is promptly acted on by Congress.
Sure. And Santa Claus is real. Must be nice out there in fantasyland.

The government does so much these days that no one can keep track of more than a tiny bit of it, and that "no one" certainly includes Congress. The government issues some 80,000 pages of new regulations every year. And somebody thinks Congress reads all that stuff, or even cares much?

I doubt that the FAA is going to adopt a 400-foot rule. Even if they do, I doubt that they'll enforce it. Still, it's something they might do, and their Deputy Director has talked about doing it. The sky isn't falling, and it probably won't, but it's too early to be sure that everything is just peachy.
Every day, the news media reports events in government that validate my fantasy. Read a real newspaper or watch a news program that actually reports news and not just opinion. And you will see that I am correct.

Actually, the FAA Representative, at the forum this past January, gave the impression n that the FAA will adopt the AMA guidelines. And the AMAis leaving a strong impression that the 400 ft rule is history. Anyway, the AMA has promised to submit their proposed guidelines to the membership for review and comment. If they screw up the guidelines, there will be a howl of complaint, believe me because I will be howling with the pack.

This will also be an opportunity for those who believe the AMA is too harsh on certain types of flying to offer suggestions to reduce the harshness.