RCU Forums - View Single Post - FIRST CLASS PAINT
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 01:36 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FIRST CLASS PAINT

ORIGINAL: Airbrush Alley

Hello fellow boaters, For the last 18+ years I've been custom painting Bikes, Boats, Race cars, and whatever else will sit still long enough to apply an awesome custom finish to. However, about 3 years ago, a customer strolled into my retail shop with a 5 foot long hydro RC Boat. I KNEW 2 things at that very moment 1) I'd just discovered THE ULTIMATE CANVAS, and 2) I was going to see to it that this guy was gonna show up at his local boating hot spot, and be the envy of his fellow boaters. Lucky for him and I both, he was simply amazed when he rolled into the shop the following week to see his Hydro on a stand in the middle of my shop, with what he described as a paint job he could not have imagined in his most vivid dreams. I still don't think the guy was as happy as I was though. 2 days later, that same customer, accompanied by a fellow boating friend, came back to my shop with each of them carrying a large scale RC Boat...........you can imagine the rest.........
about a month later, I was approached by the owner of one of the bigger RC boat builders/distributors here in the states. He was looking for a custom paint company that could live up to the reputation and quality that his customers demanded. I'd seen the work on his website before, and my immediate thought; Piece of Cake.
Guys, there are a lot of QUALITY custom boat painters out there, who do great work, at what I'd assume is a great price. However, my goal is to stand apart from the crowd, but what do I know, I'm just another guy with an opinion. At the end of the day, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So with that said...behold
You are just too humble my friend..... you should have my hull by weds. now lets get REALLY imaginative.......... Robert