RCU Forums - View Single Post - Robbe San Diego
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Jamiecroc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Robbe San Diego

ORIGINAL: Rich404

ORIGINAL: Jamiecroc

Wgat also do I need to install inside the boat to controll these functions??
There’s a couple of ways to run those accessories.
Here is the most common cost effective approach: You can take each accessory and rig a separate on/off switch to it and then rig the switch to a servo that will turn the switch on/off remotely. The servo will run on the designated channel on the transmitter.
To best do this take a thin sheet of wood (1/8'' or a few MM thick) and cut out a spot for the servo to sit and then screw the servo in place. Then across from the servo is the on/off switch for the accessory. Finally rig a servo rod to go from the servo and to the switch and adjust the servo to turn the switch on and off using the transmitter. Make sure that you have a channel available to support each servo. This is the most common way of running accessories remotely.
Then there is the Robbie F-14/F-16 radio. This radio system is expensive as is and has optional decoders, expansion modules and switches that you can buy to eliminate the servo and plug the accessory directly into the decoder. The decoder plugs into a channel on the receiver and you can have switches on the transmitter that runs each accessory. This is the ideal way to go but it is a VERY costly set of options.
-Rich.

Thank you Rich for the info. Alternative 2 will work for me. But will a Spark control work? its only 3 channels I think, I need 4 channel?