RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution of the MGT or great marketing to get the consumer to buy the same truck over and over?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:28 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution of the MGT or great marketing to get the consumer to buy the same truck over and over?

ORIGINAL: ausrcnut

Ah... the pull truck. It must dominate with a .50 in it...?!!! Sounds like an interesting branch of r/c. Im still looking for more mods to improve the XL. Currently sealing up the engine and ported the components, 40% heavier springs, tougher steering servo, billet steering bellcrank. Im looking into stiffer springs but lowering slightly so wont roll so much. Im wanting the change the MGT's wheels too.
Its actually the stock .28. haha Im a big fan of the thunder tiger engines (.21, .28, and .50). They are great running engines IMO. Our rule book says we can only run up to a .28. I pulled against a Novarossi .28 all year, an HPI 5.9 some, and an HPI F4.6 some. The Thunder Tiger .28 would give any of them a run for their money. I was tied for 1st place with the guy running the Nova .28 in points at the end of the season.