RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI E-10 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:42 AM
tomasdakid14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

I recently visited my local raceway and decided to try and enter the upcoming novice series with my e10 just to see if I like it and will want to buy a more race appropriate car further on. Everyone uses the same motor (tamiya Johnson) so that aspect of the upgrade is out of the question for the e10. I was just wondering what other upgrades might be wise to purchase. I have money for a lot of upgrades BUT being as its the novice class and just to see if I actually enjoy racing I'd like to spend as little money as possible. So far I have replaced everything with bearings and that's about it. I have the aluminum drive shaft ordered and the yeah racing steering set ordered as well. I was thinking about getting the shock tower to use regular shocks as opposed to the upgraded threaded hpi ones because they are a bit expensive. Although the shock towers and shocks would add up to the cost of just getting the hpi ones I like the idea of being able to use any shock, as I already have some lying around from an older nitro car. Any input would be appreciated and taken into consideration. Thank you